Delhi University UG Admissions 2019 Online Registrations Starting from May
Delhi University kicks off the admission season with the registration process for Undergraduate (UG) Admissions 2019-20. The entire process has been made online since 2016 and it will follow the same procedure this year as well. Online registrations for the academic session 2019-20 will be starting from 15 May and is
scheduled to go on till 6th August.
In the later months of 2018, a news item was doing the rounds regarding instituting an entrance-based exam instead of merit based. Delhi University confirmed that it will continue with its merit-based admission in the forthcoming session, bringing much needed relief to the prospective students.
Enterance Based Admission
There are some entrance-based exams for certain courses namely Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), BA Business Economics and Bachelor of Business Administration (financial investment analysis) and many more. These courses also include BA (H) Music that was added in 2017. The online registration process for these courses will be separate from other courses for which admission will be based on cut-offs. Date of registration for these is not yet decided but usually commence during the second week of June. According to the university website, there are around 1600 seats in UG courses in which entrance test are conducted.
Cut Off Lists
First cut off list (tentative) is to be announced on 12 th July, second list on 18 th July, third cut off list on 24 th July and so on.
- Candidates can download their respective Admit Card for the entrance examination from the UG admission portal. The candidate must take the printout of the Admit Card for future use
- At the time of examination, candidate should carry the printed copy of the Admit Card and one identification proof bearing his/her photograph, for
- verification purposes.
Reservation In Delhi University
- For scheduled caste students, 15 percent of the total seats are vacant.
- Reservation is 27 percentage for other backward classes (OBC)
- For the scheduled tribe (ST), it is 7.5 %.
- Reservation is 3% for PWD.
- Reservation is 3 % for girl students.
- 5 percentage of total seats are vacant each for Kashmiri migrants, sports quota, ward off defense persons, and NRI students
Download Delhi University Admit Card
- Admit card download link will be available in May 2019.
- Admit card will not be dispatched by post.
- It is important to take the Admit Card with you while going to the examination center.
- The candidate has to bring one identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidate will not be allowed to give the exam, without the admit card.
Wishing the students all the luck with the admissions!